Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Week 2
I think I'm learning more than them!

When I saw the rain clouds this morning, I thought, "Great.. perfect weather to have a relaxing morning and keep going with developing our rhythm." Couldn't have been more wrong.

I learned one key lesson today, my daughters' need to get some fresh air and ya ya's out before they start their day. It was rainy and we decided to hold off on our morning bikeride. Big mistake. Won't make it again.

Oh well, we didn't get everything done that I had planned, but they did end up having a great day despite it.

Every Morning Starts with Poetry
A smiling Amazon box arrived today.

Here's what was inside:



This turned out to be a GREAT book! I didn't realize how many poems were included. And the artwork is gorgeous! Beautiful, vivid watercolors. Emily Dickinson, Shakespeare, Yeats, Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Frost, and so many more. This will be used for many years.


Multiplication Table Practice with Excel

My daughter can happily do complex math problems but ask her to practice her multiplication tables and she'll stall and stall and stall. But today I figured it o ut!

I created an Excel spreadsheet with 2 columns. In one, she typed the math problem; in the other, the equation so that excel would calculate the answer. She got the fun of manipulating the spreadsheet while typing each problem twice and completing all 12 times tables in one sitting. Unheard of!

 
 
 
Water Beads
 
This was an idea that I have seen on Preschool blogs for a long time. I finally happened to find them at Michael's in the floral dept and grabbed a jar. There were a few options and I was hoping the ones we selected would get larger. But, instead they stayed the same very bouncy size! The kids thought this was hysterical.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Tomorrow is Homeschool Day at The Oregon Gardens. Should be a fun day for the kids.
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment