Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Alpaca & Silk Thank You's

My oldest participated on a First Lego League team this year. Starting in September, they've met a minimum of 2 days per week for at least 2 hours.

A very gracious, generous mom led this group; leading all the meetings and giving up her art studio for 4 months to accommodate the practice board. 




I think alpaca & silk, Blue Sky's Melange, is in order to thank her for such generosity.

They've given me a chance to brush up on stranded color work and reading a chart. Neither is very difficult as long as you make sure you don't pull your floats too tight. I had to really pay attention to this because the project is so narrow, it would be easy to do. 



These mitts are heavenly soft! And I imagine very warm. The pattern is Sporty Mitts, free on Blue Sky Alpacas website. My pattern notes are on my projects page at Ravelry.

Hope she likes them!

Now, I need to come up with something quick for her husband. What's your favorite knit gift?

As for reading, we've pulled out our holiday favorite, Jan Brett's Christmas Treasury. The illustrations are captivating. In fact, Jan Brett has a number if video tutorials showing how to draw some of the main characters. It's worth a look!

I'm taking part in Ginny's knit-along. Click the icon below to see many more inspiring projects.

3 comments:

  1. Those are lovely! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They have taken longer than I expected. Should have known better than to pick a two part knit for a gift. The first one was done in 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful mitts! love colorwork and that tiny bit just adds a visual focus :)

    ReplyDelete